Sunday, April 4, 2010

What Easter Means to Me

Let me declare
In deserts bare
In cities everywhere

What God has done
Through His Good Son
That you may be aware

Let me be clear
So your ears hear
So your eyes would perceive

And your heart bend
To comprehend
So that you may believe

The breadth and length
height, depth and strength
of God's love for mankind

Which He has shown
And has made known
So His right path you'd find

Lost I once was
Deceived by laws
I followed my own way

Thinking I'd skate
to Heaven's gate
Though sin led me astray

But God reached out
I have no doubt
Of His good Will and Plans

My God knows best
In Him I rest
Secure, safe in His hands

My life has changed
My God arranged
A Reconciliation

My sins atoned
Through Christ alone
I am a new creation

Up on that tree
Christ set me free
From sin and desolation

He offers me
Eternity
A new path of salvation

Oh, glorious!
Victorious!
I will not be ashamed!

Christ's love compels
In me He dwells
I'm righteous in His Name!

He refines me
He defines me
and guides me to the place

Where I'm made whole
Heart, mind and soul
Now transformed by His grace

And I will praise
All of the ways
He works in this love story

I'll walk with Him
All else will dim
As I bask in His glory

All this I share
'Cause it's my prayer
That You would know God too!

Turn to Him now
And just allow
His Love to flood through you

So see the light
And know the might
Of your all-Sovereign King

And then you'll stand
On fertile land
If to the truth you cling

Grace heaven-sent
Helps you repent
There's nothing else as sweet

As Knowing Him,
Walking with Him-
In God you are complete!

Now that you're found
Blessings abound
His goodness, mercy rife

With Christ as Lord
You are restored
To everlasting life

No comments:

Post a Comment